Friday, October 06, 2017, 3:30 PM - Sunday, October 08, 2017, 3:00 PM
The SR/JR High will be going to Camp Piankatank, which is about 2.5 hours south-east of here, close to the Chesapeake Bay. There are lots of fun things to do, such as the low and high rope challenge course (last year we all did the low rope course together and some did the high ropes, while others did not). Last year we also played a ton of (surprise) ultimate frisbee!
The teaching this year will be focused on Jonah. In this short minor prophet, we will get a big view of God and His relentless pursuit of rebels.
We have found retreats to be a major source of growth both relationally and, by God’s grace, spiritually for our youth and leaders.
We're very excited for this upcoming retreat! I'd like to encourage you to pray with me that God would use this retreat to bear fruit in the lives of those that attend.
- Leaving GBC: Please arrive at GBC on Friday, 10/6 as close to 4:00 PM as possible, so we can leave shortly thereafter.
- Dinner on 10/6: Bring $ to stop at a fast-food place to eat dinner (most likely Chick-Fil-A). This is the only meal that's not included in the $100; all other meals (3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday are included)
- Arriving Back to GBC: We should arrive back around 3/3:30 PM on Sunday, 10/8
- High Ropes course is an optional additional cost of $16
- Packing list provided in the confirmation email upon registering
- NOTE: scholarships are available on a case-by-case situation.